1. About Us
Temple Island Collection is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
2. Information we collect about You and How we use it
When you register on our website we may collect the following information: first name, last name, company name, company type, sales channels information, email, telephone number (landline), mobile number, address. This allows us to process your registration. Once registered, we apply the following additional data to your profile on our website database: customer shipping address, customer billing address, accounting ID, preferred currency.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you.
We do collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, and use and navigate round them so we can improve the sites. We obtain some information from Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The Facebook, Twitter and Instagram information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram that they can share.
3. What we do with your Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To process your orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- For administration purposes, which means we may contact you for reasons related to goods or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance.
- To provide personalised communications.
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For example, if you view the Alice Tait page on our website, we may send you tailored emails about other Artist led ranges or gifting products we think might be of interest to your business.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
4. What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are:
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a product e.g. a product recall.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Temple Island Collections interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
5. Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our goods and services. These third party providers include payment processors, credit referencing providers, third party sales processor (includes fulfilment services) and service providers who assist us with hosting our marketing campaigns. They do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however, we only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
We will not sell your data to other third parties.
6. How we Protect your Information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
7. How long we hold your Data for
Some of the information you provide to us is necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity when signing in to use an account or providing our goods and services to you or you using an online checkout. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered user of any of our sites or an active customer plus a reasonable time (approximately two years) beyond this to deal with queries or issues.
Some information may be required for longer periods such as financial information for HMRC purposes, usually a maximum of 7 years.
8. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
- You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by following the instructions below.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing. Consent can be withdrawn by following the process below.
- You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
- You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
- You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting your normal customer service department or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.